Telehealth / Teletherapy
What exactly is teletherapy?
Teletherapy, also known as online therapy, is a form of therapy via telephone or two-way video conferencing. It’s a great way for those of us who have busy schedules, for example people who have demanding work schedules, college students, working moms, those who travel for work, etc., to still get the mental health therapy they need and deserve. Teletherapy and online therapy is also a great option for those who may feel more comfortable talking over the phone versus to someone face to face.
Telehealth allows a client and therapist to have a therapy session via audio and video over the internet. You can meet with your therapist from your desktop, laptop, tablet, or smartphone/mobile device (iOS or Android), it’s completely up to you! Telehealth allows you to connect anywhere with secure and convenient appointments that save you time and hassle.
You may be wondering what the experience of online therapy is like and if it is as helpful as traditional in-person therapy. Many research studies have shown that online therapy can be just as effective as traditional face-to-face, in the office therapy. Below are a few articles that discuss the benefits of teletherapy more in-depth.
What are some of the benefits of teletherapy or online therapy?
Besides convenience, teletherapy with the team at Holistic Counseling Solution provides:
- Access for those who may have limited mobility.
- Extra privacy for those uncomfortable in public.
- Access to top therapists that are outside your area.
- Extra comfort to those who may have a harder time talking face-to-face.
Additional Telehealth Benefits:
- No commute (Savings on Gas & Travel Time).
- Being in your home environment may feel cozier and more relaxed.
- Greater anonymity – no waiting room.
- More flexible scheduling options.
- Some find it easier to disclose private information online vs. in person.
How do I get started with teletherapy?
Ready to speak with us online or over the phone? Contact us to schedule an appointment with one of our therapists for an online therapy session and/or for a free 15-minute consultation. Please remember, per state regulations, we can only offer teletherapy for people living in New Jersey, where our therapists are licensed.
Articles regarding online therapy